An overview of Redux's extensible design and the Redux ecosystem
I was accepted as a speaker for the first-ever React Boston conference, and gave a talk entitled "You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)". This was actually my first public talk ever (although I'd done other talks internally at work), so I was really excited for this opportunity.
I had a lot of fun giving this talk, and really appreciate the positive feedback I received afterwards. A few examples:
- "Tons of knowledge dropped in one talk!"
- "acemarke the Redux expert!"
- "TL;DR of acemarke's talk: Redux has a TON of addons"
- "acemarke's thoughts on developing the Redux ecosystem" (LOVE the hand-drawn talk notes!)
- "Your talk was great, and I love that you're striving for a friendly culture!"
As usual, I used the very nifty Spectacle web presentation tool to put together the slides for the talk.
The slides are available here:
You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
Also, my talk can be viewed in the ReactBoston recorded livestream. Unfortunately the livestream quality is rather low - I'm hoping that a better quality version of the talk might be posted online after the conference. But, it's sufficient to hear what I had to say, and also see how much of a dork I am on stage :)
The Wayfair Blog has a great summary of the conference.
This is a post in the Presentations series. Other posts in this series:
- Oct 07, 2016 - Presentation: Modern Web Dev Overview
- Feb 17, 2017 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux
- Feb 24, 2017 - Presentation Sources Published
- Sep 24, 2017 - React Boston 2017 Presentation: You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
- Mar 07, 2018 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux (March 2018)
- Mar 20, 2018 - Reactathon Presentation: Redux Fundamentals
- Jun 30, 2018 - Redux Fundamentals Workshop Slides
- Oct 01, 2018 - React Boston 2018 Presentation: The State of Redux
- Mar 31, 2019 - Reactathon 2019 Keynote: The State of Redux
- Jun 11, 2019 - ReactNext 2019: A Deep Dive into React-Redux