I was accepted as a speaker for the first-ever React Boston conference, and gave a talk entitled "You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)". This was actually my first public talk ever (although I'd done other talks internally at work), so I was really excited for this opportunity.
I had a lot of fun giving this talk, and really appreciate the positive feedback I received afterwards. A few examples:
- "Tons of knowledge dropped in one talk!"
- "acemarke the Redux expert!"
- "TL;DR of acemarke's talk: Redux has a TON of addons"
- "acemarke's thoughts on developing the Redux ecosystem" (LOVE the hand-drawn talk notes!)
- "Your talk was great, and I love that you're striving for a friendly culture!"
As usual, I used the very nifty Spectacle web presentation tool to put together the slides for the talk.
The slides are available here:
You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem) 🔗︎
Also, my talk can be viewed in the ReactBoston recorded livestream. Unfortunately the livestream quality is rather low - I'm hoping that a better quality version of the talk might be posted online after the conference. But, it's sufficient to hear what I had to say, and also see how much of a dork I am on stage :)
The Wayfair Blog has a great summary of the conference.
This is a post in the Presentations series. Other posts in this series:
- Nov 13, 2023 - React Summit US 2023: What's New in Redux Toolkit 2.0
- Oct 24, 2023 - React Advanced 2023 - Building Better React DevTools with Replay Time Travel
- Aug 16, 2023 - React Rally 2023 - A (Brief) Guide to React Rendering Behavior
- Dec 11, 2022 - Presentations: 2022 Podcasts
- Jun 27, 2022 - Presentations: Modern Redux with Redux Toolkit
- May 04, 2022 - Reactathon 2022: The Evolution of Redux Async Logic
- May 04, 2022 - TS Congress 2022: Lesson from Maintaining TS Libraries
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: Learn Modern Redux Livestream
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: The State of Redux, May 2021
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: Podcast Appearances in 2021
- May 25, 2021 - Presentations: Using Git Effectively
- Dec 20, 2020 - Presentations: Intro to React, Redux, and TypeScript (2020)
- Dec 03, 2020 - Presentations: Podcast Appearances in 2020
- Oct 08, 2020 - Global React Meetup: The State of Redux 2020
- Oct 19, 2019 - Git Under the Hood: Internals, Techniques, and Rewriting History
- Sep 24, 2019 - React Boston 2019: Hooks, HOCs, and Tradeoffs
- Jun 11, 2019 - ReactNext 2019: A Deep Dive into React-Redux
- Mar 31, 2019 - Reactathon 2019 Keynote: The State of Redux
- Oct 01, 2018 - React Boston 2018 Presentation: The State of Redux
- Jun 30, 2018 - Redux Fundamentals Workshop Slides
- Mar 20, 2018 - Reactathon Presentation: Redux Fundamentals
- Mar 07, 2018 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux (March 2018)
- Sep 24, 2017 - React Boston 2017 Presentation: You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
- Feb 24, 2017 - Presentation Sources Published
- Feb 17, 2017 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux
- Oct 07, 2016 - Presentation: Modern Web Dev Overview