A presentation on the history and implementation of React-Redux
Last year, I wrote Idiomatic Redux: The History and Implementation of React-Redux. At the time, React-Redux v6 had just been released as a beta.
A lot has happened since then:
- v6 went final
- we found out that performance was indeed an issue in real-world apps
- I published a roadmap for creating v7
- we implemented and published v7
- we discussed a potential hooks API, iterated on ideas, and finally published v7.1 with hooks as final yesterday!.
I had a chance to give a talk at ReactNext 2019 based on that blog post. I was able to include slides on both the original blog post content, and updates on the work around v7.
As usual, I'll link to the video once it's available online.
A Deep Dive into React-Redux - slides
This is a post in the Presentations series. Other posts in this series:
- Oct 07, 2016 - Presentation: Modern Web Dev Overview
- Feb 17, 2017 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux
- Feb 24, 2017 - Presentation Sources Published
- Sep 24, 2017 - React Boston 2017 Presentation: You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
- Mar 07, 2018 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux (March 2018)
- Mar 20, 2018 - Reactathon Presentation: Redux Fundamentals
- Jun 30, 2018 - Redux Fundamentals Workshop Slides
- Oct 01, 2018 - React Boston 2018 Presentation: The State of Redux
- Mar 31, 2019 - Reactathon 2019 Keynote: The State of Redux
- Jun 11, 2019 - ReactNext 2019: A Deep Dive into React-Redux