This week I had the chance to appear on Jason Lengstorf's "Learn with Jason" livestream show.
The topic was "Learn Modern Redux". We started by recapping some of the usual topics ("what is Redux?", "why do some people dislike Redux?", "how has Redux changed?"), and then dove into live-coding a real Redux app. We showed how to create a new React+TS project using the Vite build tool (similar to Create-React-App), add the Redux packages, and set up Redux Toolkit and React-Redux from scratch (including our recommended TS hooks configuration).
We then showed how to use the upcoming RTK Query data fetching API to request a list of dog breeds from a public API, and display that data in our UI.
I had a blast being on this show, and I think it was a great chance to show folks how we recommend writing Redux code today.
The episode page on the "Learn with Jason" site has the embedded video, transcript, and show notes links:
Learn Modern Redux - episode page, video embed, and transcript 🔗︎
The example app is available as a live demo and the source is in a Github repo:
- Running app: https://lets-learn-redux-toolkit.netlify.app/
- Source code: https://github.com/learnwithjason/lets-learn-redux-toolkit
This is a post in the Presentations series. Other posts in this series:
- Jun 14, 2021 - Presentations: Debugging Software
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: Learn Modern Redux Livestream
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: The State of Redux, May 2021
- May 29, 2021 - Presentations: Podcast Appearances in 2021
- May 25, 2021 - Presentations: Using Git Effectively
- Dec 20, 2020 - Presentations: Intro to React, Redux, and TypeScript (2020)
- Dec 03, 2020 - Presentations: Podcast Appearances in 2020
- Oct 08, 2020 - Global React Meetup: The State of Redux 2020
- Oct 19, 2019 - Git Under the Hood: Internals, Techniques, and Rewriting History
- Sep 24, 2019 - React Boston 2019: Hooks, HOCs, and Tradeoffs
- Jun 11, 2019 - ReactNext 2019: A Deep Dive into React-Redux
- Mar 31, 2019 - Reactathon 2019 Keynote: The State of Redux
- Oct 01, 2018 - React Boston 2018 Presentation: The State of Redux
- Jun 30, 2018 - Redux Fundamentals Workshop Slides
- Mar 20, 2018 - Reactathon Presentation: Redux Fundamentals
- Mar 07, 2018 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux (March 2018)
- Sep 24, 2017 - React Boston 2017 Presentation: You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
- Feb 24, 2017 - Presentation Sources Published
- Feb 17, 2017 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux
- Oct 07, 2016 - Presentation: Modern Web Dev Overview