Last fall, I gave an internal presentation on the history of web development, and an overview of modern web dev tools and technologies. I was recently asked to give a follow-up to that presentation, and I chose to put together an introduction to React and Redux.
I've read through hundreds of React and Redux tutorials (and collected many of them in my React/Redux links list), and among them are several presentations. I opted to base the content for this presentation off of two excellent existing presentations: React to the Future by Elijah Manor, and Redux: From Twitter Hype to Production by Jenya Terpil. I used the content sequencing, examples, and images in this presentation. Full credit goes to them for the original content.
As with last time, I used the very nifty Spectacle web presentation tool to put together these slides. This came in particularly helpful because Spectacle 2.0 added support for live interactive component playgrounds as slides, which allowed me to embed several real working React component demos in the presentation.
The slides are available here:
Modern Web Development with React and Redux
This is a post in the Presentations series. Other posts in this series:
- Oct 08, 2020 - Global React Meetup: The State of Redux 2020
- Oct 19, 2019 - Git Under the Hood: Internals, Techniques, and Rewriting History
- Sep 24, 2019 - React Boston 2019: Hooks, HOCs, and Tradeoffs
- Jun 11, 2019 - ReactNext 2019: A Deep Dive into React-Redux
- Mar 31, 2019 - Reactathon 2019 Keynote: The State of Redux
- Oct 01, 2018 - React Boston 2018 Presentation: The State of Redux
- Jun 30, 2018 - Redux Fundamentals Workshop Slides
- Mar 20, 2018 - Reactathon Presentation: Redux Fundamentals
- Mar 07, 2018 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux (March 2018)
- Sep 24, 2017 - React Boston 2017 Presentation: You Might Need Redux (And Its Ecosystem)
- Feb 24, 2017 - Presentation Sources Published
- Feb 17, 2017 - Presentation: Intro to React and Redux
- Oct 07, 2016 - Presentation: Modern Web Dev Overview